At the moment we are dealing with an exceptional situation. The coronavirus spreads quickly and has a major impact on everyday life. The implications for our industry, also for our seafarers, are increasing day by day. As indicated by governments the transport of cargo should continue and we do our best to ensure this happens. We continue to monitor the latest information on the COVID-19 and we have confidence in the health and medical experts to and their recommendations regarding the situation. As we work in an international environment, we had to take sector-specific measures:
- We ask authorities and shore personnel to keep clear of our crew members
- We ask authorities not to board the vessel if not absolutely necessary
- Crew on board will not go ashore unless absolutely necessary
- Crew changes are postponed
- We are available 24/7 to support, even with minimized staff in the office
- Taking care of the health of our crew, pilots, authorities, agents, stevedores etc. is serviced by additional procedures and awareness
Crew changes have become (nearly) impossible and we are grateful that our crew is dedicated to continue sailing and ensuring our vessels can deliver your cargo. We thank all of you for your support. Together we will manage to overcome this exceptional situation!